The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Semester Exams..................................................................Dec. 13, 14, 18, 19

• Placement Test.................................................................Dec. 9

• Christmas Holidays..................................................................Dec. 20 - Jan. 2

Officers unveil ‘The Power of Trinity’

As always, Trinity celebrated a fresh start to a school year with the annual opening Mass. The Mass provides a chance to stop and reflect on the goals, challenges and opportunities that come in a new school year. “I really enjoy opening Mass,” senior Keegan Thompson said. “It gives me a chance to reflect on what I can expect out of Trinity and myself. Plus, it’s really nice to finally see it as a senior. When I was sitting on that floor, I said to myself, ‘This is my time.’” Chaplain Fr. Dave Zettel celebrated the Mass. A highlight of the Mass was the class president’s speech. “The senior class president’s speech is always the best part of the Mass,” Thompson said. Senior Class President Travis Allen addressed each of the classes and explained some of the individual challenges they would have to undertake. “I hope to be a successful president this year,” said Allen, who received praise for his address. The climax of the Mass, however, is always the revealing of the year’s theme. Allen, along with the rest of the officers decided that the school theme would be “The Power of Trinity.” As Allen said in his speech, this theme honors the power the school has to make all of its students better men as it prepares them to go out into the world.