Rocks Swab for Owen

Senior+Jeremiah+Hemme+was+among+those+who+swabbed+their+cheeks+to+see+if+they+were+a+match+to+donate+bone+marrow+to+sophomore+Owen+McMasters.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Rocks Swab for Owen

Senior Jeremiah Hemme was among those who swabbed their cheeks to see if they were a match to donate bone marrow to sophomore Owen McMasters.

photo by Daniel Russell

photo by Daniel Russell

photo by Daniel Russell

ECHO Staff

Thirty-four Trinity seniors and school staff swabbed their cheeks to help out Trinity sophomore Owen McMasters, who is in need of a bone marrow transplant.

Members of the Sharing America’s Marrow team were “impressed to have such a good response for the Bone Marrow Drive,” according to Flannan House Director Alan Wilson, who coordinated the drive.  Owen is a member of Flannan House.

Senior Nolan Romines fills out the paper work before swabbing his cheek.

photo by Daniel Russell

The names of nine potential student donors were put on the SAM email list to “donate later this year when they turn 18,” according to Wilson.

Wilson said there was also an “unofficial total of 14 donors from the community, mostly moms, a couple of dads and alums.”

Members of Sharing America's Marrow

photo by Daniel Russell
Members of Sharing America’s Marrow

“Once again, thanks to all who helped with this,” Wilson said.