Six Trinity Student-Athletes Sign National Letters of Intent

Trinity+seniors+Tristan+Thielmeier%2C++Thomas+Shellenberg%2C+Eric+Goranflo%2C++Vince+Turner%2C+Cooper+Warner+and+Michael+Stafford+signed+national+letters+of+intent+yesterday+to+play+athletics+on+the+next+level.+

photo by Ryan Cywinski

Trinity seniors Tristan Thielmeier, Thomas Shellenberg, Eric Goranflo, Vince Turner, Cooper Warner and Michael Stafford signed national letters of intent yesterday to play athletics on the next level.

Trinity Website

Louisville, Ky. – Trinity High School seniors Eric Goranflo, Thomas Shellenberg, Tristan Thielmeier, Cooper Warner, Michael Stafford and Vince Turner signed national letters of intent to participate in collegiate athletics at a ceremony to held at 3 p.m. Monday, May 4, at Trinity High School.  The signing ceremony took place in Trinity’s Alumni Hall. Members of the coaching staff and the signees’ parents attended.

Goranflo (soccer) signed with Spalding University. “Eric is a fantastic goalkeeper,” said Trinity soccer head coach Dale Helfrich. “Spalding University is getting a real steal with Eric, as he has matured late in his game, and they will benefit from that. It has been amazing to see his growth in athleticism, tactical awareness and maturity develop over the last four years.”

Shellenberg (soccer) signed with Transylvania University. “Thomas is a tremendous student/athlete and will do very well at Transylvania University,” Helfrich said. “He has grown in a number of ways over the last four years in our program at Trinity, and will take those tools to the next level and do well with them. His versatility, leadership and team-first attitude will help him excel and will help the Pioneer program.”

Thielmeier (soccer) signed with Transylvania University. “Transylvania is really lucky to get Tristan to play for their program,” Helfrich said. “He has several tools that will help him be successful at the next level and has shown numerous traits over the last few years that will make him a standout player in their program for years to come.”

Warner (baseball) signed with Centre College. “Cooper suffered an extremely unfortunate injury and lost his senior baseball season at Trinity,” Trinity baseball head coach Rick Arnold said. “It was a big blow to the team and for him personally. He has earned the opportunity to continue his baseball career at the next level. His time playing at Centre will be an opportunity to highlight his baseball skills, his toughness and his perseverance.”

Stafford (basketball) signed with Transylvania University. “We are thrilled that Michael has chosen to continue his playing career at Transylvania University,” Trinity basketball head coach Mike Szabo said. “Michael is a talented guard who will have the opportunity to be an impact player at Transylvania. He understands how to play and has the ability to be a great college player. It’s exciting to see him have the opportunity to play college basketball at a great school.”

Turner (cross country) signed with Murray State University. “Vince is an amazing example of perseverance, hard work and dedication,” Trinity cross country head coach Chad Waggoner said. “By his junior year he started turning heads, and as he has concluded his high school athletic career this year Vince transformed from a ‘Who is this Vince Turner guy?’ last year to ‘Vince Turner is here. It will be a battle for the win today.’ Murray State will be blessed having Vince on its team as his tenacity and resolve will continue to develop him as a runner.”