The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Semester Exams..................................................................Dec. 13, 14, 18, 19

• Placement Test.................................................................Dec. 9

• Christmas Holidays..................................................................Dec. 20 - Jan. 2

Rest in Peace, Mr. Bickel

ECHO Staff

Mr. Ted Bickel, former Trinity science teacher and Flannan House director, passed away this morning.

Mr. Ted Bickel

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,

through the mercy of God,

rest in peace.

14 Comments

14 Responses to “Rest in Peace, Mr. Bickel”

1. Nick Price on August 11th, 2017 3:53 pm

Sorry to hear about Mr. Bickel, he was a great teacher and an even better person.

[Reply]

2. Joseph Lyons on August 11th, 2017 4:05 pm

I never had the opportunity to have him as a teacher but he knew who I was. I walked thru the hallways one morning he pulled me aside to talk to me about wrestling. I’ll never forget seeing him on my senior night after a tough loss. He spoke to me in front of the bleachers and among many things he said it will all be all right. Another moment where the littlest thing can go the longest way. Also he made me a winter hat that I still take with me on backpacking trips. Thank you Mr. Bickel for being a lighted voice in darkness and giving me warmth in a cold world. Rest easy now sir we will carry you forth!

[Reply]

3. Tammy Mills on August 11th, 2017 4:30 pm

Mr Bickel was my favorite teacher. I’ll never forget him. May his soul Rest In Peace.

[Reply]

4. Jeremy Bindner on August 11th, 2017 4:58 pm

Mr. Bickel was my chem teacher my sophomore year at Trinity. I had a great time with him. He was helpful and very kind. I’ll never forget how he would always talk about being a Kentucky fan and hated UofL. He would always say red was an ugly color. It was funny. We pulled a prank on him by turning in our assignments in red or UofL folders. He would look through the folders with gloves on. Rest in peace good buddy.

[Reply]

5. Tim Ayers on August 11th, 2017 5:10 pm

Sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.

[Reply]

6. Pete on August 11th, 2017 6:10 pm

RIP Mr Bickel you will be missed

[Reply]

7. Joey on August 11th, 2017 7:33 pm

Rest in Peace Sir.

[Reply]

8. Ryan Bratcher on August 11th, 2017 8:17 pm

Very sad news today as i have great memories from soph year chemistry with Mr . Bickel.
    As his student I was very lucky to be given his patience and kindness and unbelievable gift to motivate and push me .
    This class was challenging and he was a huge part of me enjoying the work and wanting to understand sciences in the future .
    My thoughts are with his family and friends.

[Reply]

9. Gretchen Sheridan on August 11th, 2017 9:08 pm

My all time favorite teacher at OCHS and later in life my friend. I will miss you and will love you forever. Prayers for your family.

[Reply]

10. Louisa davis on August 11th, 2017 9:20 pm

He was my daughter, Christian’s , teacher. Fantastic teacher,friend, and highly respected by all of us. He was one of the truly wonderful teacher who made all his students reach. He will be missed.

[Reply]

11. Natalie Jacobs Munn on August 12th, 2017 10:00 am

He was a wonderful and inspiring chemistry teacher when I was a student at Oldham County High School.

[Reply]

12. Kerri Leininger on August 12th, 2017 5:51 pm

Dear Bickel Family,

I’m sorry to hear of Mr. Bickel’s passing and offer my condolences. He was a wonderful teacher and took a particular interest in my education.

I was a student of Mr. Nickel’s at OCHS class of 1989. I graduated Eastern Kentucky University and went on to work in Washington DC for several of our senators and congressmen. I am now running a government and political affairs program for an organization here.

Some classes were more difficult than others for me. Mr. Bickel’s class was one. Even though he made the course interesting, it didn’t come easy for me to learn. Mr. Bickel knew this and would allow me to come in early to go over the lesson plan if I didn’t understand what was taught in class. He also arranged for an upper classman to help me. I worked and studied a lot, but I don’t think I would have even passed without his help.

Mr. Bickel was THE best and I will never forget him. He was the first teacher that helped me to apply myself toward a goal that was beyond my current capability and succeed. No one had ever expected that of me and no one ever gave me the resources to achieve it either.

Again, I’m sorry for your loss, but I hope when you read a story like mine and recall your own memories you will be comforted by his kind, loving memory. He was a man who positively impacted many people.

May he Rest In Peace.

[Reply]

13. Daniel Millington on August 12th, 2017 6:22 pm

Cheers to a fine man and funny enough Mr.B it’s raining today so it’s not Saturday it’s wet.

[Reply]

14. Brian Davis on August 18th, 2017 6:32 pm

Rest In Peace Mr. Bickel
    “Watch your bunsen burner & 10/4 good buddy!”

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Bickel