ECHO

• Winter Break.........................................................................Feb. 16-20

• Faculty-Student Basketball Game..................................Feb. 1

• House Meetings..................................................................Feb. 26-27

Rest in Peace, Mr. Fowler

ECHO Staff/Trinity Website

Mr. Joe Fowler ’71, long-time teacher and coach at Trinity, has passed away. He had battled circulation problems in his leg in recent years but was looking forward to the school year. He died from complications after a recent medical procedure.

He returned to start working at Trinity in 1976 after graduating from Bellarmine, where he played baseball.

Mr. Joe Fowler ’71

Mr. Fowler had served as a varsity assistant coach in football and track. He had also served as head freshman football coach, head varsity baseball coach, and was our first head coach for bowling. He was a House mentor, past moderator of the fishing club and an organizer of the Shamrock Bass Classic. Joe taught math and several business courses through the years; he especially enjoyed teaching Business Law.

Mr. Joe Porter ’78, a colleague who knew him for 40 years had this to say: “Joe was a big-hearted guy who never met a stranger. Those who knew him best knew he was most comfortable in front of a karaoke mic singing a tune, or holding a fishing rod waiting for the next bite. His sense of humor was boundless and his love for the outdoors was contagious. Of course, the impact he had on his students, former bowlers and players is immeasurable.”

Dr. Rob Mullen ’77, President of Trinity said, “Joe was a lifer. He loved his alma mater and would cheer Trinity anywhere and everywhere. He was looking forward to the arrangement we made this year where he would teach two courses each semester before retiring full-time in May. We ate lunch together nearly every day where we enjoyed talking sports. He hauled his karaoke equipment to my house for a back-to-school gathering for faculty and staff members. That was a great night. We hold many memories of our colleague.

“We extend our sympathies to his wife Susan, who retired in May from Trinity’s cafeteria, his children, family and friends.”

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Funeral arrangements are pending.                                                                                                         –Trinity Website