ECHO

• Junior Class Mass and Formal........................................................May 9 and May 12

• Father-Son Breakfast/Awards......Baccalaureate.....Graduation........................................May 18, 19, 20

• Have an Amazing Summer -- Be Safe -- See You in August!

Powerful ‘American Assassin (2017)’ a Realistic Ride

Nick Cardosi, Staff Reporter

A cinematic thriller filled with action, violence and drama, “American Assassin (2017)” reestablishes the modern assassin and might just be the next great assassin dynasty.  

It really looked as if a plutonium nuclear bomb removed all the water in the ocean and pushed a huge tidal wave out in each direction.”

The film, focusing on the war against terrorism, shakes the audience with sudden swings and nail-biting scenes. The story is about a self-driven agent with a thirst for blood trying to stop a nuclear detonation on the US military.

The lead roles are played by Dylan O’Brien and Michael Keaton.  Mitch Rapp (O’Brien) showed his fierce combat skills by shooting miniscule targets with incredible precision and accuracy as well as fist fighting three people at once, making it all look easy.

Keaton (Stan Hurley) played a grumpy old mentor for O’Brien with a cutthroat, hard-nosed persona that provided the movie with realism.

The film’s plot line was interesting, swinging from calm to chaos and back to calm.

In the R-rated movie, the guns sound real, and the bullets hitting the walls also produced a realistic look. The best special effect was the nuclear explosion in the ocean. It really looked as if a plutonium nuclear bomb removed all the water in the ocean and pushed a huge tidal wave out in each direction.

The movie’s score certainly intensified the realistic action. The filming in foreign locations, among them England and Italy, also added to the realism.

Check out “American Assassin (2017).”