ECHO

• Winter Break.........................................................................Feb. 16-20

• Faculty-Student Basketball Game..................................Feb. 1

• House Meetings..................................................................Feb. 26-27

Sophomore Ready for a License

Thad Jones, Staff Reporter

Sweat dripping down your head. You are about to take the written driving test. You can only miss eight. You take the test and miss seven. That was a close one.

You can finally start to learn how to drive. According to CBS News, four out of 10 drivers pass their written test the first time. So that means you have a 60 percent chance of failing the written test the first time you take it.

Trinity sophomore Jacob Albrecht, who is not driving yet, said, “I take a lot of the practice tests on the DMV website. I practice in parking lots and learn how to park, turn, and how to gas and stop.  There is a lot more to driving than I thought.”

The rules now require a six-month wait after passing the test before the license process is complete.

It takes a great deal of concentration to drive. Albrecht wants to learn more than driving with an automatic transmission.

He said, “I want my dad to teach me how to drive a stick because not everyone knows how to drive a stick.”

According to Insurance Zebra, more than 95 percent of cars on the road are automatic.

“If you can drive a stick, you can pretty much drive anything,” Albrecht said.

Trinity sophomore Jacob Albrecht talks about learning to drive………video by Thad Jones