Reverbs from the ECHO Chamber — a Q & A with James Moore ’20

William Blevins, Staff Reporter

James Moore ’20               Signature Studio

Another in a continuing series of Q & A interviews with Trinity spring sports student-athletes.

Recent graduate James Moore was slated to be a star member of this year’s track and field team, led by first-year head coach Michael Thompson. Prior to the season, Moore was quoted on Trinity’s Athletics page:  “I’m really excited to finish my last year of Trinity track with my brothers and teammates. These past three years have been some of the best of my life, and I appreciate everything the track and field team has done for me. Go, Rocks!” He answered a few questions about his track career.

Q: How long have you been running track?

A: I have been running track for 14 years.

Q: What events do you run?

A: I run the 100-meter dash, the 200-meter dash, the 400-meter relay and the 800-meter relay.

Q: Who are some of the coaches who have influenced you?

A: Coach Thompson, our new track coach, and Coach English, who is one of the assistant sprint coaches.

My teammates. I love all of my teammates to death, and with me being a team captain this season, being cancelled hurts a lot.

Q: How has track made an impact on your life?

A: It’s kept me active and disciplined. It’s also given me a purpose when I felt like I didn’t have one.

Q: How much do you practice to get to your best times?

A: I probably practice around five to six days a week once I’m in the right condition.

Q: What is your favorite Trinity track memory?

A: Winning state in 2018 or winning regionals in 2019.

Q: What is your best event?

A: My best event is the 100-meter dash.

Q: Do you plan on running track in college?

A: Possibly.

Q: What influenced you to become a runner?

A: My entire family ran track.  I had to grow to like the sport, and that’s only because I lost passion after running for so long. I like track now because it’s a change for me to escape, and I feel like I can be in my own world while I run.

Q: What is the one thing you’re going to miss most about running for Trinity?

A: My teammates. I love all of my teammates to death, and with me being a team captain this season, being cancelled hurts a lot.