A Quick Six from Spring Sports Senior Shane Wortley

Shane Limberg, Staff Reporter

The defending state champion tennis Rocks (2019), under head coach Chris Mather, began KHSAA regional play at CAL yesterday. Senior Shane Wortley answered a few questions about his Trinity tennis career.

Q: How long have you been participating in tennis, and what are some of your earliest memories from the game?

A: I started playing tennis my freshman year. I distinctly remember teaching children with Down’s syndrome how to enjoy tennis like those of us on the team do.

Q: What are some of your favorite memories from playing the sport?

Trinity senior Shane Wortley, left, talks with tennis teammates.

A: My favorite memories are teaching other people how to play and enjoy the game, whether it be kids with Down’s syndrome or children in the foster care system.

Q: What is the biggest motivation for you to play tennis?

A: My biggest motivator for tennis is team success and personal health. 

My favorite memories are teaching other people how to play and enjoy the game, whether it be kids with Down’s syndrome or children in the foster care system.

Q: What were your goals for this season? 

A: My sophomore year in 2019 we won State, and that is always the goal; hopefully, we get back there.

Q: What is your biggest tennis accomplishment so far?

A: The biggest accomplishment would be becoming state champions in 2019.

Q: What would you recommend to incoming students who might be interested in joining Trinity’s tennis team?

A: My recommendation for anyone looking to play tennis would be to just try out. You never know what could happen. I started playing my freshman year and have developed over the four years. I definitely recommend it to anyone remotely interested.