A Quick Six with Spring Sports Senior Matthew Chou

photo by Whit Hilleary

Trinity senior Matthew Chou

Ashton Sims, Staff Reporter

Q: Why did you begin playing tennis competitively?

A: I began playing tennis competitively around when I was seven or eight years old. My siblings all were competing at the time, so my parents decided to have me try it out, too. Since then, I’ve stuck with it, but maybe not as serious as before.

Q: What is the outlook for the team this season?

A: This season’s outlook seems pretty good if we can keep our team healthy and our performance up. I know that we have the potential to be one of the top teams in the state, but it’s just a matter of whether or not we can meet it.

Q: What skills are needed most in tennis? 

A: For tennis, I feel that the most important skill you need is dedication. Tennis, like any other sport, is a big commitment, and you need to be able to put the time into practice and play matches in order to perform well.

My fondest memories of Trinity have just been hanging out with friends and teachers in class and in the lunchroom.

Q: What has been your favorite memory on the tennis team?

A: My favorite memory on the tennis team was definitely freshman year when we won state as a team. Being there with all of my teammates in the moment was extremely special and cool to experience.

Q: In what way do you plan to continue playing tennis after your high school career is over?

A: After high school, I plan on playing club tennis in college, but I do not think I will continue to play competitively.

Q: What is your fondest memory of Trinity High School?

A: My fondest memories of Trinity have just been hanging out with friends and teachers in class and in the lunchroom. There is something special about those moments that you don’t realize in the present but looking back makes you miss them a lot.