The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Opening Mass - August 23
  • Freshman Academic Convocation - August 15
  • First day of classes - August 8
  • New Student Day - August 7
  • Book Day 2024 - August 5

ECHO

ECHO

Polls

Which breakfast item is best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Some Tips for the ACT

Some Tips for the ACT

Some of Trinity High School’s ACT experts, class of 2025’s Liam Amick (who recently scored a perfect 36 on the ACT) and teacher Jennifer Browning give tips for the upcoming test right after spring break.

According to Amick, one of the most important things you can do to prepare is “put yourself in a timed environment where you can focus, similar to an actual test, and just see how you do. This is the step I’d recommend after doing something like getting a tutor or learning strategy for all of the sections.” A timed environment is essential to success in preparing for the ACT.

Trinity requires students to take an ACT class either sophomore or junior year, and also requires all juniors to take the ACT each the spring. There are many teachers that help prepare the Trinity students for the ACT, one of them being Browning, who teaches how to succeed in the math section. Browning gave a crucial piece of advice: “Be familiar with ACT test, the structure, types of questions, and can’t wait till the night before.” While Trinity has the class, students should prepare on their own based on her recommendation to perform at their highest potential.

All together Trinity has many options for helping students maximize their scores on the ACT. Juniors of Trinity: good luck on the ACT this spring. Matt Manning and Allie Kerns, Trinity’s college and career counselors, are available for details on many different tutors around Louisville for help on how to preapre.