Juniors Praise Summer Programs

Trinity ECHO

Brad Stephenson
Brad Stephenson

Trinity junior Brad Stephenson described his summer leadership conference experience:

“In the summer of 2014 I attended the National Student Leadership Conference of Business and Entrepreneurship at Fordham University. The NSLC is an extraordinary leadership

program for high school students. Students are selected to participate from across the United States and internationally. During this 10-day program, we had the opportunity to participate in a variety of meaningful leadership exercises and simulations, while learning firsthand about the issues facing leaders in business.

Henry Snyder
Henry Snyder

“Throughout the program, we learned what it means to lead by positive example and how each of us can make a powerful impact at our school, in our community and in the world. The NSLC of Business and Entrepreneurship was taught and facilitated by nationally recognized leadership trainers and was complemented by prominent guest speakers and educational field trips, making the experience invaluable. It was an incredible experience that I cannot recommend it enough to anyone considering participating. ”

Trinity junior Henry Snyder praised theĀ Rising Scholars program at the Univeristy of Kentucky:

“It was a great day full of helpful information that I will not only use when considering UK as an option for college but also while visiting others. The day started at a student center ballroom where we were paired into groups of several families and began a tour of the main parts of the campus led by a current UK student. We got to tour the main library, classrooms, student recreation center, and even the new dorms they are currently building.

“Once we returned to the student center ballroom, a college fair had been set up and each college at UK (i.e. Gatton College of Business, College of Engineering, etc.) had a representative and a booth where we had the opportunity to talk one on one with the representative about the classes and programs each college offers.

“We were then served lunch and I had a chance to look through the many pamphlets and booklets I had collected during the college fair. After lunch, several admissions directors gave a presentation on UK, what the college admissions process looks like, and how you can stay successful in high school. Two UK students also spoke and were very insightful on how to deal with the stress of college and tips for success in and out of the classroom.

“I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to get this experience now so that in the coming years I am not only more informed about the numerous possibilities for furthering my education in state but also wherever I may choose to go.”

Stephenson was nominated to attend the NSLC by Trinity counselor Dr. Aaron Striegel; Snyder was nominated by Striegel and Advanced Program director Mr. Frank Ward.