The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Opening Mass - August 23
  • Freshman Academic Convocation - August 15
  • First day of classes - August 8
  • New Student Day - August 7
  • Book Day 2024 - August 5

ECHO

ECHO

Polls

Which breakfast item is best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

An Exhilarating Remake: A “Roadhouse” Review

Credit: Amazon MGM Studios

A remake of the 1989 film, “Roadhouse” (2024) is an exhilarating and adrenaline-filled experience from start to finish. Starred by famous actors and celebrities, Jake Gyllenhaal, Conor McGregor, Bob Menery, and Post Malone, the magic from 1989 may be gone, but not forgotten. Flashbacks came flying back for many who enjoyed this movie back in the day.

Ex-UFC fighter Dalton (played by Gyllenhaal) is approached by a Florida Keys bar owner named Frankie about an opportunity to become the bouncer. The bar had been threatened by the local motorcycle gang. Dalton comes into the situation to take the bar back.

Real estate power Ben Brandt, who inherited his criminal father’s business, tries to shut down the bar. Along the way, Dalton meets certain people, and they make the movie take its form. Obstacles come along the way as different characters present different challenges for Dalton. One of the characters is Knox (Conor McGregor). McGregor brings a spark to the movie as it started getting dry.

The exciting and thrilling acting of McGregor brings the viewer’s attention right back to the screen. I believe that McGregor’s acting made this movie watchable. His first acting gig did not disappoint. The buildup for McGregor’s acting career was huge and I’d say he did just fine.

This movie brought out new actors that most would not expect. Post Malone, Bob Menery, and McGregor all brought a new taste to the remake that everybody wanted. The younger generation may have not watched the original film, but adding in famous rappers and celebrities made the movie more exciting. Younger people wanted to see this movie because they knew some of the actors in the film, which is rare.

You can watch “Roadhouse” on streaming platform Amazon Prime. The rating that I would give the infamous remake out of five stars: 3.2/5. The names of the actors sold the movie, while the actual acting may not have been up to par. Despite this, the remake was solid and a fun watch.