Categories:

From Vision to Reality: Trinity’s 4050 Building Renovation Begins January 2025

From Vision to Reality: Trinity's 4050 Building Renovation Begins January 2025

Excitement is building at Trinity High School with the upcoming launch of the renovation of the 4050 Building, set to enhance the educational experience for students, faculty, and alumni. As the school expands its commitment to STEM education, this new facility will provide advanced resources and collaborative spaces aimed at preparing students for future careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Phase one of the STEM Career Center will be open in August.

The cause and reasoning behind the 4050 Building’s renovation is the mounting interest in STEM fields among Trinity students. James Torra, Vice President for Advancement, stated, “The STEM initiative has really taken off over the past couple of years. More and more students are interested in STEM, and the job market is shifting toward these fields.” The building aims to meet this demand by offering specialized classrooms and resources designed for hands-on learning and innovation.

The construction will occur in phases with the first phase beginning in January 2025. The building is expected to open by August 2025. This initial phase will include over 3,000 square feet dedicated to a STEM classroom, a maker space, and elective courses such as CAD and engineering. Torra explained, “As these phases unfold, we will expand offerings to include more STEM-related classes and potentially some art classes that integrate with STEM.”

The design of the building also emphasizes aesthetics and functionality, with input from the ACE mentoring program and local architects, including a Trinity graduate. Torra expressed enthusiasm about the design by noting, “They were able to listen to our ideas, give it a wow factor, while also making it feel like Trinity.” An intriguing aspect of the new project is a zigzagging wall with the words “Trinity” and “Shamrocks.”

Beyond academic advantages, the revamped and redesigned 4050 Building will serve as a community hub for various clubs and extracurricular activities. Torra highlighted the importance of fostering a vibrant school community, mentioning potential clubs like aerospace, eSports, and STEM clubs. “These spaces will allow students to connect and collaborate outside the classroom,” he said.

As the 4050 Building project continues, it will become a significant step in Trinity High School’s strategic vision for the future. “This is probably one of the more exciting projects that we’ve had planned and look forward to having fulfilled,” Torra stated. The facility is not only a commitment to enhancing STEM education but also a reflection of the school’s broader goal to provide exceptional opportunities for all students.

With the redevelopment of the 4050 Building on the horizon, Trinity High School is poised to lead the way in innovative education, ensuring that students are prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the future. This project will be the first of many as well over the incoming years. As the Trinity community anticipates the completion of this transformative project, it serves as a symbol of the school’s dedication to excellence in education.

Check out more photos below.