The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Opening Mass - August 23
  • Freshman Academic Convocation - August 15
  • First day of classes - August 8
  • New Student Day - August 7
  • Book Day 2024 - August 5

ECHO

ECHO

Polls

Which breakfast item is best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Catholicism and Esports: An Introduction to Trinity’s Nolan Lawson

Nolan Lawson, a newly introduced theology teacher and Toussaint house adviser at Trinity High School, credits his mom for his desire to become a teacher. “That’s what I grew up around,” Lawson said. “It’s something I grew to love.”

Lawson, a St. Xavier High School graduate, explained how he loved the Catholic foundation that
Trinity has. “I love that we take anyone from anywhere, I think that’s a great quality to have.”
He went to the University of Louisville (UofL) where he studied history and psychology. His
masters degree was in education.

Lawson talked about his goals for his first year at Trinity. He is the coach for the Future Problem Solving team. He plans to get them back in the winning column this year. “We got close to state
a year ago, I’m trying to get us back.” He is also a coach for Trinity’s esports team, on the Rocket
League side especially. Our esports Rocks won state just a year ago.

Lawson also mentioned his positive reaction to the dress code at Trinity. “It builds a sense of responsibility, a sense of character, when we come to something we always show up.” The Trinity dress code has been a staple in the foundation of the school since it was founded in 1953.

Lawson does it all, from teaching about faith and Catholicism to gaming with the esports team. No matter what it is, Lawson has a bright future at Trinity.