The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Opening Mass - August 23
  • Freshman Academic Convocation - August 15
  • First day of classes - August 8
  • New Student Day - August 7
  • Book Day 2024 - August 5

ECHO

ECHO

Polls

Which breakfast item is best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Remembering Mary Ann Hall

Longtime educator Mary Ann Hall dedicated most of her 50-plus years as a teacher and administrator working at Trinity High School. She is an icon in Trinity’s legacy of GreaTs. She served as a mentor for hundreds of colleagues as well as an advocate for thousands of students during her time at Trinity.

When not teaching in a classroom, Mary Ann could most often be found working at her desk scheduling, grading, or talking with students, their parents, or their teachers. Mary Ann was passionate about student success and specifically changed countless lives in her career working with students who learned differently. She was a champion of “her kids” and was a trusted liaison for students and teachers.

No matter how busy Mary Ann was, she was always willing to stop whatever she was doing to have conversations and share ideas for helping struggling students.

— Debbie Heaverin

I am forever grateful for the guidance and encouragement she offered to me when I became the Traditional Program chairperson. No matter how busy Mary Ann was, she was always willing to stop whatever she was doing to have conversations and share ideas for helping struggling students. I had the privilege of collaborating on workshops and presentations and curriculum with her over the years. Mary Ann was always helpful, cheerful and never wanted to take credit for her efforts but mostly wanted to be a “behind the scenes” energy that made things happen.

I witnessed her unending patience and her constant encouragement when working with students. She knew exactly which students needed uplifting words and which students needed stern prodding or prompting to get tasks completed. Her goal was getting students to realize success by completing their high school work.

Mary Ann often spoke about her true loves: her family members. She shared many beautiful stories about her children and grandchildren. Her “family “ also included people from school. Mary Ann loved keeping in touch with former colleagues who had become friends and often met with them for coffee, or lunch, or dinner. She called her group of long-time educators “old school.” As one of the “old school” group, I will sincerely miss those outings with Mary Ann. My prayer is that she rests well in Paradise. Knowing Mary Ann, though, she’s found a heavenly school and she is happily working away. Her humor, laughter, and bright light will be forever remembered.

Trinity forever!

View Comments (1)