The student news site of  Trinity High School

ECHO

• Opening Mass - August 23
  • Freshman Academic Convocation - August 15
  • First day of classes - August 8
  • New Student Day - August 7
  • Book Day 2024 - August 5

ECHO

ECHO

Polls

Which breakfast item is best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Behind the Scenes: Being a Team Manager

Discussing the important role with Carter Haus
JC Wilson
Haus at work

The athletics of Trinity High School historically shine through the halls and walls of Steinhauser Gym. From state championships in football, to advancing to the Sweet Sixteen in basketball, to cross country’s recent state title, the successes of our teams are not forgotten. However, there are workers behind the scenes that dig down deep and often go unrecognized: the team managers who prepare to make sure the stage is set.

A fan-favorite varsity basketball and lacrosse team manager, Carter Haus, brings the effort and energy to make the magic happen. His role in everyday work consists of many steps and team management takes hard work and time.

Before every day of practice and games, preparation comes into play for Haus. “Just get everything out and ready, make sure everything’s set up for the coaches, the players, just so you can get right into practice and just make sure everything’s ready.” The lineup of the practice and game schedule is given to the managers before the day of the event. “Our coaches will make a practice plan and then we’ll get a copy of that practice plan and we’ll just get what is ready for the next drill, whether it’s cones, whether it’s jump rope, whether it’s number of balls has to be out, we’ll just make sure all that stuff is ready prior to that drill on the practice plan.”

Along with getting out gear and plans, Trinity films practices and games to watch. They like to see the ways they can get better each day on and off the court and field. Trinity uses Hudl to keep their stats and videos together. Most managers will help with the filming process during practice and games.

Not only does team management consist of helping the team with gear and film, but with helping the team mentally. Part of the Trinity sports experience consists of teamwork, passion, and leadership. It takes everyone and managers buy into the lifestyle as well. “We’ll just clap at practice, have fun, and just get the guys motivated because there is nothing better than having a fun practice. How you practice is how you play and if you do not practice [well], you are going to not play well either.”

Team managers at Trinity shine behind the scenes and their work pays off. The practices and games would not have happened without their hard work and dedication. From setting up equipment and filming, they support the team more than anyone. Without the effort from managers like Haus, the players would have a harder path to success. They might not always be in the spotlight, but the impact they hold is unchangeable.