Andrae Vasser: Star on the Court and in the Classroom

A Trinity Athletics Profile

Andrae Vasser is currently a senior student at Trinity High School. Since his entry to the school as a junior, he has been very active in the community. Vasser is a star player on the Trinity basketball team, but does not let this define him as a person. He takes his academics and family life very seriously while still mixing in some free time for video games and other hobbies.

Vasser transferred to Trinity starting in his junior year. Before this, he attended Jeffersontown High School. Vasser stated, “My brother was a sophomore at Jeffersontown when I began high school, so I wanted to go finish out his high school career with him.” Vasser had nothing but good things to say about his former high school, stating that the main reason for his switch for Trinity was because of the superb academics that Trinity offers. Academics are very important to him, as he is in challenging classes. He and continues to maintain a high GPA despite the course rigor.

Vasser stated that he has several fond memories of his time at Trinity, but that none compared to the game against Saint X this year. “The game against Saint X was the best we have looked as a team,” Vasser remarked regarding the team’s performance. Vasser also mentioned a clip of him riling up Trinity’s student that went viral on Instagram. He commented on how special the moment was, not only for him, but for the rest of the school as well.

Seeing as Trinity is currently in the playoffs, one would think Vasser would be nervous, right? Wrong. When questioned about a team that he would potentially be concerned about, Vasser remarked, “Other teams should be scared of Trinity,” showing a very high level of confidence in the team. This is certainly reassuring as a Trinity student.

Vasser has a fairly consistent pregame routine. He stated that before games his meal of choice is anything at the mall. He routinely gets Chick-Fil-A with his teammates before the game, usually getting the #2. Vasser also remarked his newfound love for country music, citing fellow Trinity student, Finn Lazkowski, as his main influence for the genre. One song in particular that he mentioned, was “How Country Feels,” by Randy Houser.

All in all, Vasser takes the term “student athlete”, to a whole new level.  His combination of skill on the basketball court and remarkable effort in the classroom makes Drae Vasser an easy guy to like.

View Comments (1)